Friday, November 20, 2009

2 days left

It was about this time four months ago when I thought "Holy shit. I'm actually going to Africa." So it is fitting, then, that it would take me this long to realize "Holy shit. I'm actually going home."

I said good-bye to Lara today, who was my best South African friend throughout my stay. So I will post pictures in memory of our awesomeness.

Tomorrow will probably include more packing. More chilling. I'm going out tomorrow night for one last Grahamstown hurrah. Then Sunday is all busy, busy busy before I leave on Monday. It is time for a change. I feel like I've changed a lot as a person while I've been here; something that would not have been possible had I gone to someplace like Ecuador. I don't know if these changes will be noticeable, but I can feel more peace within myself. I know every action I've taken while I've been here has led me to learn about myself. Its all about stepping up to the ledge, taking a leap, and praying that the elastic holding you to the bridge doesn't snap.



Also, it is appropriate to post my bungy jumping picture, as it is a metaphor for this entire experience:

1 comment:

  1. Before we left, one of my roommates/one of my best friends at Kalamazoo predicted that Study Abroad would give each of us exactly what we needed, each in completely different ways. I still hold that it's undeniably true.

    ReplyDelete