Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time Flies...

So friends and family, I have just about 1 month before I leave Africa. Wow. This term flew by; it was way faster than my first term which felt like an eternity (probably because i had a huge essay due every week!). I have a lot due (and to do) this week, so I know it will be Friday before I know it, and then just one week left in the term. Holy. Crap. Its not as much of a rush as the end of the year in the US is, but there's a good reason for that. Back home we finish school, usually with a bunch of nonsense going on like essays and stuff, plus UpTop rehearsals and performances and our big concert at the end. Then BAM! We have just a day or two to study and then finals week starts. Then as soon as our tests are done we are out of there. There isn't a whole week devoted to nothing but studying, and there certainly isn't much time between exams to do much of anything except pack up your dorm.

Its weird to think I will be "ending" two school years this year. This does not feel like an end-of-the-year; at least not yet. I'm sure it will, now that we've had our awards night, and we're having Leaver's dinner on Wednesday. I guess this is when all the nostalgia is supposed to kick in. I don't deal with nostalgia (or anything for that matter) unless its practically slapping me in the face. That's why Punahou graduation was so excruciating for me. And its why the next month is going to be both surprisingly quick and excruciatingly slow.

I'll keep you updated and maybe post pictures (for once).

No comments:

Post a Comment