Sunday, August 23, 2009

Update-tacular

Hey buddies. So I figured its been awhile since I wrote last; so I'm gonna update you on my life.

I've got TWO weeks left in my term!! What!? This is so ridiculous. Anyway I've got homework out the wazzoo, but that doesn't necessarily mean its getting done. I don't know if its just because I feel its still too early in the year to be doing work or what, but this whole term it has been a strugglefest for me to focus on my studies. I really think that it is a combination of lack of enthusiasm (1200 words per week in a history class will take the fun out of almost anything) and a lack of clarification (my ethnomusicology prof. is by far the worst ever. I actually got a migraine on Thursday because she is incapable of explaining anything). Needless to say that's been difficult for me. But with only two weeks left, and a few essays to write, I should be okay. I have 1000 words left on my history term paper, I still have to write the 1200 words for history on Tuesday, a few journals for ethnomusicology which I'm hoping to knock out tonight, a response paper on a performance (which is on Friday), and a sociology paper. It seems like a lot but two things are due this week, both for history, and the rest is due the next week. Which is totally do-able. It sounds like this coming weekend should be a good combination of fun and work. I'm going to my friend Neil's 20th birthday party on Friday night. I'm very excited.

What else is going on? We have our plans pretty much settled for our "spring break." Jess Marshall, from Gettysberg, was gracious enough to plan out an itinerary for us. We'll be going to Cape Town, with a few stops along the way both going and returning. We're going bungee jumping, ziplining, on a tour of CT, wine tasting, as well as some good ole enjoying CT nightlife. I'm very excited. Expect a nice, long post on that when I return; I'm not bringing my laptop with me. I would hate for it to be stolen.

Its odd to think that my time in SA about a third of the way over. I have a term left, and November for finals. Then its off to Colorado and back home. Crazy stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, we haven't even started classes yet! (Tmrw is orientation then miercoles is la primer dia)
    You can do it! I believe in you! Hehe. Work hard play hard, that's the best motto ever. How long are you in SA for? I feel like it's hard to do school work when you're just staring at the window in disbelief you're actually in this different country.
    Keep it going love! Besos from Quito!

    ReplyDelete