SO! here are a few of my experiences so far (mostly today)
1. Seriously, South Africa, get your shit together with the emails! I emailed someone at the international office last week to let her know my flight changed. After almost a week went by she wrote to me without having received this change of plans, and tried to confirm a ride to the University from the airport. So I had to write her another email trying to tell her that my flight had been changed. This time she received the email (three days after I wrote it). I don't know what the deal is, but South Africans, so far, are sort of experiencing an email failurefest.
2. So, the sitch for packing is I can only pack about 14 pounds in my ONE carry on, and 44 pounds in my checked baggage. So I packed most of what I'll be putting in my backpack and it weighed just over 10 pounds, so I should be good there. And I started packing my checked bag. Either it is going to go very well or extremely poorly. What I do know is: I'm going to have to do some laundry.
Alright, folks, 8 days left!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment