Thursday, July 2, 2009

I have a lot of learning ahead of me

Military time is a struggle. I set my phone clock to work on the 24-hr system, just to get used to it.
Also: m, km, cm, L, mL, etc. is not my forte. But they will have to be.
Money conversion = constantly changing.

Fortunately: I will have my own room! (huzzah) in Canterbury house. Hopefully it isn't too much of a party house, but I suppose I won't know til I get there.

I'm not gonna lie: I'm getting a little nervous. I think what is freaking me out is the difference in vocabulary. "Compulsory" instead of "mandatory", "diary" instead of "schedule" or "calendar", "papers" meaning, I suppose, smaller non-lecture classes. They also say we have to "write" our exams, which to me implies writing an essay, but to them probably means just taking a test.its interesting how the same words can mean such different things depending on location.

Also: something I'm VERY not used to: scheduled lunch time. I haven't had that since I went to Kaiser. It is so foreign to me to have something like lunch scheduled for me. I'm used to squeaking it in when I can, but I think it will be a nice change having that time automatically set aside. Also: we have to book our meals that we plan on eating in our houses; which requires that I plan ahead. I'm going to have a LOT of questions when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment