I have a new obsession: the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Here I am, waving good-bye to 6 hours of my life. But you have to admit: Colin Firth and Mr. Darcy, especially as of the fourth episode, is just tasty. Fifteen years later, maybe not so much. And I suppose it is a better use of my time than downloading Jackass or something like that. At least I'm watching a classic. Or at least that is how I will continue to justify it until I finish the last episode in about 3 hours' time.
Also: It is Tim's 21st birthday!! So if you know who Tim is you should probably go on his facebook and congratulate him or something. I'm sad I can't be there for it, but since I'm 20 anyway I wouldn't be able to partake in most of the funtivities. He's got a reservation at Roy's (i am SO jealous.) and I'm sure I'll be hearing allllllll about that later on. Talk about struggles; I'll be choking down dorm food and he'll be dining on some of the most exquisite cuisine Hawai'i has to offer.
Finally: I taught Hawai'i Aloha to the choir here last night. When they got the music they laughed at the words, but they liked the song once they learned it. I'm so happy to share a bit of Hawai'i with them. I was thinking about getting a TON of yarn and making everyone lei. We'll see if that actually happens. I don't know if my fingers could take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh Colin Firth...
ReplyDeleteThis post made me think of home and how wonderful it is. Last night I actually fell asleep to a recording of the Punahou chorale singing Hawaii Aloha and it made me happy. :) Sounds awesome. I love sharing Hawaii with people! I brought my uke with me and my madre thinks it's just about the cutest thing ever. Yay for Hawaii pride and spreading the aloha! <3 Also yay for Colin Firth and Pride and Prejudice (it was on tv last week as "Orgulloso y Prejuicia", jejeje)
ReplyDelete